Tuesday, December 5, 2006

I have just finished the third to last chapter of "Bless me Ultima: and here we can see the deep questions that bother and intrigue young antonio. Antonio’s friend Florence is a non-believer in the Catholic faith and he brings up many questions that Antonio doesn’t have answers to. I feel that these chapters, Antonio is has to make a decision about which path he will chose for his life. I know that it is a lot for a child to think about, and I really don’t understand why Antonio is so preoccupied by such thoughts, but he has Ultima and loving parents to guide him in his search. In the second to last chapter, Antonio has faced the death of Florence and it has devastated him. Ultima suggests that he go and spend time with his Uncles, the Luna’s, in Pasturas. I believe this is a crucial turning point in the story, because the author uses foreshadowing to show that a change will be happening to Antonio and he will no longer think as he once did. I feel that the last chapter will hopefully shed some light and answer the question of “What will Antonio be”.

No comments: